Friday, April 10, 2009

Where Does Time Go?

I can barely believe it's Easter already and as the days keep passing by I seem to be increasingly short of spare time with which to do anything worthwhile.

Even at the start of the longest public holiday of the year, I'm in a rush as I'm about to go and visit relatives but I figured in sharing a couple of quick nuggets before I set off.

First up is something for the old school crew or in fact anyone who loves a bit of 303 action. Syntheme's 'Lasers n Shit' has been out a little while now and while it doesn't deliver anything massively groundbreaking, I don't think that's the intention as it clearly looks back on the early days of the Acid House era with misty eyes. What the LP does provide is an interesting and nostalgic retrospective of an era that was so important to electronic music's history yet whose sounds are seldom heard today.

Sytntheme - FabaceaeCPea // Planet Mu buy

Next is a 4 hour Sandwell District set I picked up from the excellent mnml ssgs. It was recorded in February this year and features Regis & Function laying down some seriously good tracks for what must have been one hell of a night. The mix is split into two parts and the second is probably my favourite as it takes 20 minutes or so for part one to get going and also moves into (comparatively) housey territory at one stage but once you reach the 90 minute mark it's pure techno heaven from then on in.

Sandwell District @ Planet Rose (14/02/09) - Part 1 / Part 2

Lastly, and somewhat strangely given the comment I've just made about house music, is something much softer than my usual bag. It is however the kind of track that perfectly fits early morning sunrises and as spring is now upon us and I'm sure a good few people are going to be up until the early hours over the next few days it seems a good time to share it.

Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together (Luke Solomon's Re-edimix)

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?