Thursday, August 28, 2008

Radikal Beats

Whilst on my annual snowboarding pilgrimage earlier this year I got chatting to a fellow boarder and as we chewed the fat on the chairlift it transpired that we also shared a passion for electronic music and dabbling at producing our own. Contact details were duly swapped and when I received a mail with a link to a bunch of tracks this guy had produced, I was more than a little impressed with the results.

ST8 (as this young man's chosen production moniker is known) makes luscious electronica in a similar vein to the likes of Boards of Canada and Ulrich Schnauss. He has a tidy pile of tracks available for download via his website and I've posted some of my favourites below. ST8 clearly makes good use of the blueprints set out by those that have trodden the electronica path before him and in my opinion his production quality is right up there with some of the scene's heavyweights. All of these tracks are currently unreleased so if anyone out there is interested in including some ST8 goodness on their label then drop him a line at st8(AT)q3f.org

ST8 - Beneath The Surface
//unreleased
ST8 - Caustic Winter //unreleased
ST8 - Reflex Action //unreleased

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?