Tuesday, January 08, 2008

ill-ec-tro-nic @ 1001

Ill-ec-tro-nic was recently featured in The Guardian in a round up of the best blogs to feature free music online. Check out the article here. Now of course the pressure is on to keep up with the new posts and give all you new readers some new content.

To start with let me introduce our regular monthly DJing sessions in the bar down at Cafe 1001 in Brick Lane, London.
Every second Thursday of the month you can hear myself and RAW spin the latest electronic tunes that are currently floating our boat. Joining me this Thursday (10th) will be Bauer, Mark Solo and Goodhand from Stuff Records straight out of Glasgow.

So expect multiple assortments of the finest electronic beats and come join us for a drink.

I couldn't leave without giving you a couple of tasters of what you might expect so here are the following treats.

Andy Stott - Hostile // Modern Love

This metallic gem featured in my Top 40 of 2007 and is a slab of straight up Basic Channel style Techno.
Buy the full 320 kbps MP3 or the 12" from Boomkat.

Next is a track I only got introduced to a couple of months ago but it immediately had me hooked. 'Qawwali' by Pinch was originally released on Plant Mu records back in 2006 but features on Pinch's new LP 'Underwater Dancehall' on Tectonic. The track has been renamed 'Brighter Day' and appears as a vocal version featuring Juakali and also as an instrumental. It's a sparse Dubstep masterpiece.

Check out samples and pick up a copy at Phonica.

Pinch - Qawwali // Planet Mu

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I live about 5 minutes away so I may well pop round for a drink and a listen! Thanks for another great year's worth of posts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?