Thursday, January 04, 2007

North American Scum, New Albums in '07

Two highly anticipated albums will drop in March this year from our New York Punk Funk cousins namely !!! and LCD Soundsystem. Myth Takes is the title of the third album from !!! or chk chk chk, (Whichever way you pronounce it) and judging by the tracks that I have heard is a great leap on from their last outing 'Louden Up Now' (tracks like Me & Giuliani and Hello? Is Thing On? aside) which disappointed these ears slightly. I'd say the new tracks are a bit more funk and slightly less punk.

Released 4th March on Warp Records

!!! - Bend Over Beethoven //Warp LP 154

!!! - Must Be The Moon //Warp LP 154


Track List:

Myth Takes
All My Heroes Are Weirdos

Must Be The Moon

A New Name

Heart Of Hearts

Sweet Life

Yadnus

Bend Over Beethoven

Break In Case Of Anything

Infinifold

Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem is already shaping up to be one of the albums of 2007. Since it was leaked before Christmas anticipation has been feverish. I resisted posting any of the tracks due to the powers that be at DFA castrating anyone posting their stuff. However I got sent this remix by Ian Saint Laurent over at Hands and Knees so I figured what the hell. Lets see how long this stays up. I don't know if this is an official remix but he beefs up the original by adding some scuzzy synths.

North American Scum (Ian St.Laurent's South Philly Scum Remix) EDIT: Removed (It was only a matter of time. I'm suprised it wasn't sooner)

My favourite tracks from the album are the sublime 'Someone Great' which is a vocal version of a section from 45.33 released with Nike last year and the anthemic 'All My Friends' with its super speed piano riffs.

Released 20th March on DFA

Track List: 1. Get Innocuous 2. Time To Get Away 3. North American Scum 4. Someone Great 5. All My Friends 6. Us v Them 7. Watch The Tapes 8. Sound Of Silver 9. New York I Love You

Comments:
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeews
 
please take this off now!i would never have done an edit of this track if i had realized i was the only person in the world that had a computer that made it possible for me to download this song two months ago.
please..
i'm scared for my safety.
dfa has been threatening my family.
 
No problem Ian, it is done. I'd suggest not sending emails to bloggers with links to potentially dodgy tracks then.
 
what can i say,i live on the edge.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?